I'm Back With A Festive Spirit & A DIY Burlap Christmas Wreath Tutorial


Hi Everyone,

I am back to blogging again…at least during this festive month. You probably noticed that I made some changes on my logo to suit this season but it's growing on me so I think I'm going to keep it.

I’m so excited for this year’s Christmas because we finally get to put up our Christmas tree and get decorative in our first house. =D. I decide to choose a burlap theme, it's simple and suits our home.
All that matters to us, our tree is fat and bushy ( I despise the anorexic looking one's), decorated simple with some of my handmade glass baubles (which I sell here) with white fairy lights and thoughtful presents under it.





It’s been a long five years since we had it up because there wasn’t enough room in our city apartment and we’d literally run out of walking space as our Christmas Tree isn’t exactly small or,  we'd be o'seas celebrating so I felt there's no point putting all that effort only to pack it up as soon as we got back.

I’m also excited because we can finally have some of the family over for a nice simple Christmas luncheon and be able to entertain them comfortably because the house is looking more presentable and equipped as we are coming to the last leg of our home renovations…at least 70% there.

I've also been allowed to freely decorate (just the top floor - main living area anyways) ..in a practical and thrifty way and exercise my french/ hampton inspired interior decor touch and skills. I can't wait to share photos with you - soon!

So... this is just ONE of the main reasons why I've disappeared from blogging, we’ve been so busy working around the clock since we came back from our last holiday trying to get the house all prepped up for this one special occasion...and truthfully, because we are so over reno's that we want it all done and dusted asap!

I had to make a solid decision to step away from blogging for a while to concentrate on higher priorities like the reno's however remain loyal to posting something on my Facebook page at least once a month but made sure to photo document everything we're doing in the house or for the house hoping that one day I'll be sharing them with you guys- soon.

Anyways, I thought I’d get into the spirit of making my own Christmas wreath to dress our front door and keep the burlap theme going throughout the house. And as usual, it’s a pleasure to share the tutorial with you.  It’s simple, cheap and easy to make and you can customize it according to your taste. So be creative..I know it’s in you!!

DIY Burlap Christmas Wreath

 

Supplies Needed:

1 Roll of Burlap

Round Styrofoam- your choice of size

Pins or Hot Glue to hold the the burlap and your decorations to the foam

Your choice of silk flowers, I chose Hydrangeas

Christmas Bells or any decoration of your choice (e.g. ideas: spray painted acorn, leaf, flowers, letters)

Scissors

Ribbon to hang wreath

Floral Pins
75 cm Round Styrofoam

Burlap Roll
Hydrangeas, Bells, Leafs as my chosen decorations
I wrapped the burlap around and around the round styrofoam evenly until it was well covered and pinned the ends  down really well. You can use hot glue but I prefer to use pins so I can pull it apart easily if ever I want to change the design.
Then I  started pinning all my silk hydrangeas and its leaves on the wreath wherever I though it would look best. Play around..be creative.
Then followed it with some Christmas bells
Almost done!
I just needed to pin two strings of ribbon and tied it as a bow so I can hang it on our front door
Tadah!
My DIY Burlap Christmas Wreath! I love it...so simple and pretty. It suits the rest of my Christmas theme decor this year.

Well, have a safe and wonderful Christmas everyone! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.


Love and Peace, xox
Mazzy