My Yummy Organic Buckwheat Pancakes

This is one of my favorite delicious breakfast to whip up on the weekends. It keeps us energized especially when we're doing a lot of work on the house. And it's so simple to make.

Buckwheat is healthy, nutritious and full of protein. It's a great idea for you to do further research on its nutritional value. It really is an amazing seed.

I thought I'd share my recipe with you....and sorry I didn't add any of  my usual step by step photos. This one is really easy to follow.




Also here are just a few of the products I like to use for my pancakes




Ingredients

Pancake:
1 cup organic buckwheat flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1 tbs organic dark agave syrup
1 large free-range egg
1 1/4 cup almond milk
organic extra virgin coconut or olive oil for oiling skillet
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract

Mixed Berry Coulis:
1 cup frozen mixed berries
squeeze of lemon juice
2 tbs organic honey or agave syrup

Optional toppings:
dollop of sweet greek yogurt
drizzle of nutella or dark choc chips

Instructions

Mix all dry ingredients  in a medium bowl. Then slowly add and mix in wet ingredients until batter is a nice consistency.

Oil skillet and fry on medium heat. Flip over until nice golden brown.

In a medium saucepan, simmer the mixed berry coulis until slightly caramelized. Pour over pancakes, a dollop of greek yogurt and optional: sprinkle dark choc chips or drizzle nutella.

Best to serve pancakes warm.

Enjoy!!! =D



Comments