French Earl Grey Ice Cream







This is the third time I have used my Frostmate ice cream maker which I bought from one of those online deals. It has served me well in the past but as I continue to experiment with different tea flavored ice creams, I’d like to replace it with a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker

It was fun making it, requires a bit of patience…but it’s worth the wait. I love how creamy this turned out and the flavor is absolutely amazing! I love T2 teas!



This ice-cream is a perfect match with my Langues De Chat (recipe available on this blog),  no doubt I'll definitely make it again..cause Hubby absolutely loved it ;). 



Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Waiting Time: 6-8 hours
Serves: 5-6

Ingredients
1 cup whole milk
2 cup thickened cream
3/4 cup raw caster sugar
6x T2 French Earl Grey tea bags
5 Free-range egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions

In a small saucepan, warm the milk, thickened cream and sugar over medium-heat, stirring occasionally. Once the milk/cream is steaming but not boiling, remove from heat. Place the tea bags into the pan, cover and steep for 10-15 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove tea bags.


In the meantime, in a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vanilla extract until frothy. Slowly add warm milk mixture to the egg mixture, and quickly whisk in until combined. Repeat 2-3 more times with more of the milk mixture, then gradually pour the remainder of the milk mixture and whisk quickly until combined.

Return the new milk/egg mixture to the saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan constantly until the mixture thickens to custard consistency.

Immediately strain through a fine-mesh strainer, and then refrigerate until completely cooled at least 6-8 hours. 


Then freeze with an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.



Enjoy!!

Comments